In “Life of Pi”, you find the floating island of vegetation with its own ecosystem that could be boarded and had animals living on it out in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. It seems far-fetched in the book, but does anything you notice in the movie?

Life of Pi Water Color Illustration

Life of Pi, Original Water Color Illustration by Vikram Roy © Copyright 2012

Pi Patel’s confession of faith was regarding Lord Vishnu, the Vedic God who masters the past, present and future, the one who supports, sustains and governs the Universe and originates and develops all elements within. Its called Vishnu sleeps in the ocean of milk with his companions. Did you see very carefully the structure of the floating  island? The moment Pi Patel and Richard Parker departs the floating island, the art-director shaped the island like sleeping Lord Vishnu. I was surprised to see the art work at a glance!

In my opinion the movie is a lifetime experience, so don’t miss the movie and as well if you did not read the book then read it too. “Life of Pi” is one of the remarkable walking art philosophy on the silver screen.

Morale: If belief is stronger than the faith, then self-strength will build you like a tiger!

Alternative Title : Life of Pi, is God Exists?

Medium of the Art-work: Water colour,

Surface: Artist Paper,

Size: A3

Read this review on  IMDb: http://imdb.com/title/life-of-pi

With love

Vikram

via “Life of Pi”, is God exists? Book Vs. Movie!.

About these ads

About VIKRAM ROY

Hi guys, I am Vikram, a friend of your’s! I would like to take this opportunity of personally welcoming you to my profile! The readers are invited to read... …it’s great to have you here! I am the writer of the mystery play “The Alchemist A Mystery In Three Acts” http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005IDUD4C We know each other from a long long time! I am here to bring love, life and hope! I am with you! I am nothing but your inner voice! You talk I listen, and we both listen to the same! The words are all free to construct. Construct the future, full with love, science and logic. No emotion! No hate! Hope! Hope will take us high to experience the brave new world! Modern technology and fast information will help us to connect each other! Kisses! Light! Hope! Love! And big big Hugs! With warm regards, Vikram Roy

44 responses »

1. Andrée Laganièe says:

Can’t wait for the adventures of Piscine Molitor Patel to come our way. I so enjoyed my traveling with him and his floating zoo!

2. I saw the trailer on the film the other week, I hope to be going to see it shortly, now I have even more reason…You are a very talented artist also Virkram…
    Thank you for sharing..
    Sue

3. johndwm says:

Hi Vickram. Adore your picture! One question arises for me and I would welcome and relish your opinion. I have heard said that some view Christ as a manifestation of Vishnu. Most of my Christian colleagues would disapprove of this idea and I dont see it exactly like that. However when I read your desription of Lord Vishnus attributes I must observe that these are the same attributes which we attribute to Christ. I wondered what your view is on this…

• VIKRAM ROY says:

Hi John, thanks for adoring my little artwork.

Vishnu is a universal figure in Hindu religion. In Purāṇa, the holy stories of Lord Vishnu is like modern fairy tales. Evil, monsters, angels, demi-gods, all are fighting in human form. Vishnu is the God who is the ultimate planner of the timeline. It’s called once Lord Krishna (another name of Vishnu) opened His mouth to show His mother the whole universe. So people believe his manifestation is universal.

Vishnu controls the natural instincts of the living world. Like Lion, Tiger, and most of the big cat family are carnivorous. In “The Bhagavad Gita”, a major Hindu scripture says, five instincts all the animals born with, Kam (lust), Krodh (anger), Lobh (greed), Moh (attachment) and Ahankar (ego). These are uncontrollable animal behavior. Only the human is born with the intellect to control these five instincts. Once a person able to control all five, he/she gets Mukti (freedom) from life.

I am agnostic. I would like to say, every religion is similar, only it differs according to geography, language and primitive barriers of communication with the distance lands.

Always love
      Vikram

• orlando gustilo says:

Nicely put Vikram. We’re all trying to make sense of life and use art and metaphor to express where we are. Thank you for your posts.

4. Berna says:

I just finished reading the book. Its symbolism is quite profound. I hesitate to see the movie because I don’t know how the deeper meaning will be conveyed. Your post is encouraging. Thank you!

• VIKRAM ROY says:

Hi Berna, I would like to recommend you to watch this movie. Its indeed a nice film. It is not possible to show the philosophy and allegory in the film but the film is rather realistic to see what exactly happened in Pi Patel’s journey!

Always love
      Vikram

5. soumyav says:

releasing here after 20th dec..shall wait fo rit!

• VIKRAM ROY says:

Soumyav, I think, am lucky here in Bangalore! I watched the film just after its release. ;)

Always love
      Vikram

• soumyav says:

Hmm! in such caseswe are always ,as films get released here on thursday! but as it is on special screening in the dubai international film festival now,it will be out for public screening after20th..

6. I’ve been meaning to read it since my first writing class, I’m finally going to do it, thanks for the little, but needed, push!

7. Heloo there , I’ve nominated you for the “Sunshine Award”, .. :-) and here is the link: http://pleisbilongtumi.wordpress.com/2012/12/16/sunshine-award/
    Congrats!!

8. whatuful says:

OMG love this pic. I also wanna watch the movie lol

9. Thank you for the like of my blog. I love your watercolour painting, very sensitive and beautiful colours. I am really looking forward to seeing this film on Thursday. Annemarie

10. I love your watercolor Richard Parker, Vikram. The movie was fantastic. I saw it in 3D! And the book, which I read many years ago, is one of my favorites of all time.
    Ella

11. windhound says:

Sometimes a film can be a surprisingly good interpretation of a book but a well written book paints it’s own pictures and The Life of Pi is certainly one that creates the most wonderful images through it’s amazing construction of narrative,description and humour. There is a tremendous honesty in the presentation which makes his otherwise unimanageable experience so very believeable. Thank you for this recommendation of the film.

12. TBM says:

I know this book is on my 1001 list so I may wait to read it before seeing the movie.

13. orlando gustilo says:

There’s a podcast onApple itunes of ang Lee describing the making of the film and finding the actor for the part.

14. orlando gustilo says:

I haven’t forgotten. I just have not been on my AppleTv in days!

15. orlando gustilo says:

The podcast is: Ang Lee, “Life of Pi”, Meet the Filmmaker, produced by Apple, Inc Dec. 11, 2012. It is available from AppleTV. It should be a free download from iTunes.

16. Jason garnham says:

I’d like to see life of of pi ang lee uses alot of themes in his work,religion,faith,biology,his wife’s a biologist I believe.might be wrong.and nature.and it always looks stunning.i hadent seen an ang lee film till hulk and was amazed by it nothing like I was expecting.which is what mr lee is a specialist at.: )

17. Love that tiger in the boat! : )

18. lakshmipathi says:

such a awesome movie it is really great shd watch the movie

19. judyinboston says:

I tweeted your post! Love the blog and the artwork.

20. Fun! Thanks for visiting.

21. Thanks for stopping by my blog, I came over to explore yours and stumbled upon this post. I enjoy watercolors as well and am always looking for more artists to follow.

22. Xraypics says:

Read the book when it first came out, and the film complements the book. After a recent visit to India I was surprised at how well the spirit of the country comes out in the book. I am interested in the religious significance of the film, sensed it was there, but fascinated by your post. Thankyou, and thanks for visiting mine. Tony

23. I have to keep coming back to this post because of your beautiful illustration!

24. I absolutely loved the book and found the film stood on it’s own as a work of art. Thanks for your insight.